Robiul140 发表于 2023-11-1 11:18:55

品牌需要关注真实体验和真实性

Who has never heard of “I saw a video on TikTok talking about this topic,” referring to anything you talk about with Millennials, especially Gen Z? Or even comment on a trendi 瑞士 WhatsApp 号码数据 ng topic and say "I saw this trending on Twitter or Reddit"?

These are just examples of how we are always connected to digital channels – especially among the youngest generations.

What is it about these platforms that attracts the attention of Millennial and Gen Z audiences? What does this generation want? Twitch, one of the world's largest streaming platforms, provides answers in a recent survey, "The Twitch Generation: Leading Cultural Change - Advertising in the Emerging World."

Spoiler alert: it's all about real experiences and authenticity. I’ll dive into my findings below.

How is Twitch changing the game?
Twitch isn't as mainstream as other platforms like TikTok and Instagram, but it's growing rapidly among Millennials and Gen Z and playing an important role with its streaming capabilities, especially among gamers. But it's more than that. We can see all kinds of creative content there, including music and personal video streams.

According to Statista, Amazon-owned Twitch has 33 million users in the United States alone, and global video viewing time reached 5.64 billion hours in the second quarter, more than twice the combined time spent on YouTube Gaming Live and Facebook Gaming.

What is Twitch Generation?
In the Twitch report, they introduced the “Twitch Generation,” which spans Millennials, Generation Z, and even the current generation: Generation Alpha. These generations are influenced by digital life, and everything they live is based on their values, social behaviors, and the way these generations communicate, not only in daily communication, but also in their expectations of brands.

What do these generations expect from brands? An unparalleled experience. We increasingly demand and look for brands that embody our values ​​and provide products and services we identify with. For my generation (yes, I’m included), products are no longer enough. We need to know that the brand represents our values.

In addition to Generation Alpha (post-2012), Generation Twitch also includes Generation Z and the most influential Millennials. Platforms like TikTok, Twitter, Reddit and Twitch are where they are concentrated. For brands, targeting this audience is necessary because the revenue of the 2.5 billion people in Generation Z is expected to grow fivefold to $33 trillion by 2030, according to Twitch research.

http://zh-cn.phonenumberth.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/10/K.png

The study also paints a picture of current behaviors that will eventually disappear with the emergence of the "Twitch Generation." Adam Harris, global head of Twitch's brand partnership studio, said that Generation Twitch was born in an era of information overload, and the authenticity of information is often questioned. So much so that we have never seen as much fake news and deepfakes as we have this year.

Therefore, this generation will seek authentic experiences. This means that these viewers want an intimate experience of their impolite but actually authentic experience.

For this generation, the whole point of our existence is to be human and we can expose ourselves without fear of being judged. How can brands satisfy an audience as discerning as ours?

How can brands connect with this generation?
Despite the similarities, each generation has its own particularities. Therefore, it is important to know how to communicate with everyone at the same time. This is a huge challenge for brands as they need to speak to this audience in a way that everyone can fully understand.

At this point, the context of what the brand wants to convey is also very important, as each generation may understand it differently.

页: [1]
查看完整版本: 品牌需要关注真实体验和真实性